By Rawpixel.com at Shutterstock
The time has finally come: you are packing your belongings and selling your home in DFW. Before you can move, you want to ensure you receive the most money possible for your old home.
There are numerous additions, renovations, and upgrades guaranteed to help you sell your home faster and for a higher price. With a little bit of investment, some elbow grease, and a little commitment, you can make your old, worn-down home shine brightly for prospective buyers. Here are the top upgrades that will help you sell a house faster in DFW.
Home Renovation Ideas
When it comes to purchasing a house, new buyers want the most for their money. As the seller, you want your home to be more attractive than the one down the block. You can accomplish this with a few home renovations and upgrades. For example:
- Energy Efficiency – Energy efficiency is all the rage these days. A home that has efficiency upgrades can help new homeowners save money over the years, which is enticing. A few common energy efficiency upgrades may include an upgraded HVAC, tankless water heater, or solar panels on the roof.
- Exterior Renovations – Your home’s exterior is the front cover. It’s what draws in many buyers. If the exterior is dirty, chipped, or missing pieces of siding, then you’re losing potential customers. Consider upgrading the exterior with a fresh coat of paint, new siding, and perhaps professional landscaping.
- Kitchen Remodels – We all spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Whether we’re reading the newspaper, talking about our day, or cooking a late meal for the family, the kitchen is a primary hub. Therefore, your kitchen should be attractive. Consider installing granite countertops, adding new appliances, or painting existing wall-mounted cabinets.
- Bathroom Remodeling – The bathroom is one of the most used rooms in the house. Think about adding brand-new fixtures, updated cabinet space, or retiled flooring for a more elegant look.
- Flooring – Lastly, take a look at your floors. If you have carpeting, it might be dirty and grimy. Professional carpet cleaning can make a world of difference. If your floor is noticeably damaged, repair or replace sections. A new floor can be a major selling point for new buyers.
If you want to sell your home traditionally in DFW, you will need to put a little money back into the property. Consider these upgrades as an investment. A new fixture may not mean much to you since you’re leaving the property, but a future buyer will find it very attractive. They are willing to pay more for updated features and energy-efficient solutions that will save them money over the years.
Make your home more attractive and sell for more money with D&R Home Solutions. We’ll make you an offer for your property when you call (214) 532-7349!